Professional registration is the definitive measure of a successful career in engineering, and is global recognition of your knowledge and experience.
You can apply to become an Affiliate for free for the duration of your studies if you are:
- An apprentice or studying engineering at college
- An undergraduate student studying a STEM degree
If you’re a graduate with an undergraduate degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subject you can join as an Associate member. You will need one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree accredited by us
- UK undergraduate engineering degree
- UK undergraduate maths, physics or other relevant science degree
- International engineering degree that meets our academic requirements
- Open University undergraduate degree of acceptable profile
- Career advice and tips on searching and preparing for interviews, jobs and internships.
- Preparing to become professionally registered demonstrates your interest in engineering.
- Networking opportunities at our regional seminars and events.
- Keep up to date with news, views and opinions within the engineering community.
- Access to the largest engineering library in the world to help with research projects and dissertations.
- Discount on our training courses, conferences and seminars.
IMechE UNITEN Committee
The platform for you to unleash your creativity and compassion whilst cultivating interpersonal and soft skills becoming a better engineer.
You could apply to become the committee member of the student chapter where you will be given opportunity to manage and run events under supervision and assistance developing knowledge and valuable experiences becoming part of our family.
You can apply to be volunteer in any of our future events and projects. Once screening, you will be contacted via email or phone call.
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.